EXCEED YOUR VISION
■ All rights reserved. No part of this manual may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION.
■ The contents of this manual are subject to change without notice.
■ All effort have been made to ensure the accuracy of the contents of this manual. However, should any errors be detected, SEIKO EPSON would greatly appreciate being informed of them.
■ The above not withstanding, SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION can assume no responsibility for any errors in this manual or the consequences thereof. EPSON is a registered trademark of SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION.
General Notice: Other product names used herein are for identification purpose only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. EPSON disclaims any and all rights in those marks.
Copyright © 2007 SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION.
Imaging Products CS, PL & Environmental Management
Precautionary notations throughout the text are categorized relative to 1) personal injury and 2) damage to the equipment.
DANGER Signals a precaution which, if ignored, could result in serious or fatal personal injury. Great caution should be exercised in performing procedures preceded by DANGER Headings.
WARNING Signals a precaution which, if ignored, could result in damage to equipment.
The precautionary measures itemized below should always be observed when performing repair/maintenance procedures.
1. ALWAYS DISCONNECT THE PRODUCT FROM THE POWER SOURCE AND PERIPHERAL DEVICES PERFORMING ANY MAINTENANCE OR REPAIR PROCEDURES.
2. NO WORK SHOULD BE PERFORMED ON THE UNIT BY PERSONS UNFAMILIAR WITH BASIC SAFETY MEASURES AS DICTATED FOR ALL ELECTRONICS TECHNICIANS IN THEIR LINE OF WORK.
3. WHEN PERFORMING TESTING AS DICTATED WITHIN THIS MANUAL, DO NOT CONNECT THE UNIT TO A POWER SOURCE UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO. WHEN THE POWER SUPPLY CABLE MUST BE CONNECTED, USE EXTREME CAUTION IN WORKING ON POWER SUPPLY AND OTHER ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS.
4. WHEN DISASSEMBLING OR ASSEMBLING A PRODUCT, MAKE SURE TO WEAR GLOVES TO AVOID INJURY FROM METAL PARTS WITH SHARP EDGES.
1. REPAIRS ON EPSON PRODUCT SHOULD BE PERFORMED ONLY BY AN EPSON CERTIFIED REPAIR TECHNICIAN.
2. MAKE CERTAIN THAT THE SOURCE VOLTAGE IS THE SAME AS THE RATED VOLTAGE, LISTED ON THE SERIAL NUMBER/RATING PLATE. IF THE EPSON PRODUCT HAS A PRIMARY AC RATING DIFFERENT FROM AVAILABLE POWER SOURCE, DO NOT CONNECT IT TO THE POWER SOURCE.
3. ALWAYS VERIFY THAT THE EPSON PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE POWER SOURCE BEFORE REMOVING OR REPLACING PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARDS AND/OR INDIVIDUAL CHIPS.
4. IN ORDER TO PROTECT SENSITIVE MICROPROCESSORS AND CIRCUITRY, USE STATIC DISCHARGE EQUIPMENT, SUCH AS ANTI-STATIC WRIST STRAPS, WHEN ACCESSING INTERNAL COMPONENTS.
5. REPLACE MALFUNCTIONING COMPONENTS ONLY WITH THOSE COMPONENTS BY THE MANUFACTURE; INTRODUCTION OF SECOND-SOURCE ICs OR OTHER NON-APPROVED COMPONENTS MAY DAMAGE THE PRODUCT AND VOID ANY APPLICABLE EPSON WARRANTY.
6. WHEN USING COMPRESSED AIR PRODUCTS; SUCH AS AIR DUSTER, FOR CLEANING DURING REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE, THE USE OF SUCH PRODUCTS CONTAINING FLAMMABLE GAS IS PROHIBITED.
Was this article helpful?